Overall, I loved the story. It started off with an interesting twist, and once the first funny part came up, it just snowballed from there. I'm not sure it was believable, since some of the timing was just too perfect, but a lot of it seemed like a play gone terribly wrong. I was drawn into "Noises Off" and was more than willing to stay the extra time to finish it off. In fact, I want to add the movie to my small collection. I loved how everything fell apart so badly, but stayed together strong enough for them to survive all the way to Broadway.
Picking a favorite actor was really hard, seeing as I liked all of them so much. But finally, I picked the director, Michael Caine. I loved how, especially in the beginning, he was so worried the entire time that he could barely even watch the show. Also, the whole mix up with the flowers and the eventual cactus was absolutely hilarious. How many times did Caine get 'stabbed' with the cactus? At least twice that I counted.
There were only two things I really disliked about this movie, and both of them could be considered compliments anyway. The first is that if you even blinked, not to mention looked away for a moment, you would miss things. Especially during the final play scenes where there is so much going on and it's all so perfectly timed. My second complaint is that the film was too short! I would have gladly stayed sitting there longer to see more if they could keep up with how funny it was.
Picking a favorite actor was really hard, seeing as I liked all of them so much. But finally, I picked the director, Michael Caine. I loved how, especially in the beginning, he was so worried the entire time that he could barely even watch the show. Also, the whole mix up with the flowers and the eventual cactus was absolutely hilarious. How many times did Caine get 'stabbed' with the cactus? At least twice that I counted.
There were only two things I really disliked about this movie, and both of them could be considered compliments anyway. The first is that if you even blinked, not to mention looked away for a moment, you would miss things. Especially during the final play scenes where there is so much going on and it's all so perfectly timed. My second complaint is that the film was too short! I would have gladly stayed sitting there longer to see more if they could keep up with how funny it was.